Yep, I'm becoming old Ebenezer. It's not that I don't want Christmas, it's that I'm too tired to get ready for it!
There's so much to do -- the decorating, the shopping, the baking, the planning, the partying, etc., etc. I'm just too exhausted to do any of those things, despite the fact that I would really like to do all of them! We didn't even decorate this year; we're taking the year off...or at least the next few months. I hear of lots of good sales at the stores and I would LOVE to just go shop 'til I drop! I've tried, more than once! I've dropped too quickly! When I shop on Saturday, I spend Sunday catching up on things around the house and wanting to be sleepy with the pups! When I shop on Sunday, I'm useless on Monday. I'm sure the boss just loves that! :)
Well, I'm sure a bit more of the shopping will get done, but I'm not sure about the rest of the list. The baking, one of my favorite holiday activities, will happen this weekend...all in one shot, whatever gets baked, gets baked and whatever doesn't, we'll miss this year! And if all of this means I'm more like old Ebenezer this year, so be it! Bah, humbug!
No comments:
Post a Comment