We miss you guys so much...

We miss you guys so much...
Puppy Pals -- just hanging out together!

Monday, May 5, 2008

SEX

I'm counting down the days for the release of the movie Sex in the City.

I did not watch the show when it was on HBO, we didn't have HBO then. I think I was probably still in college, maybe just out of college??? I can't remember. But, thanks to TBS and the WB Sex is on all the time now! I have seen just about every episode (less some of the raunchy stuff I wouldn't have liked, anyway). It's like the life I never led! I was never part of the a fashion-crazed, trendy, gal-pal group that is portrayed on the show. Sadly, I have never had the relationship with "the city" that there is on the show. But, hey, that's fine by me -- now I've been able to experience the life that could-have-been simply by being an observer of these fabulous ladies!

New York, NY -- it's a wonderful place. At least in my imagination it has always been terrific. It may as well have a pulse, because there is always so much life in the city. Growing up, I always wanted to visit NY. I was convinced that I would live there, even if just briefly. Well, I've never lived there. A couple of years ago, I was fortunate enough to get to visit. The visit was too short! There was so much to see, so many things I could have done, but I was only traveling through for work. I was working most the time I was there, so instead of sleeping, I went exploring! Recently, I heard the cast of the show/movie in an interview describing the city as a character for the story line. No doubt, NY plays a significant role in the success of the story.

The way the show is written, the main character is a writer, a columnist, for a local paper. We watch her experiences with friends, men, and perhaps most importantly shoes. At the end of each episode, we almost always would see her writing her column, summing up the episode and giving her view of the relationship angle we had just seen. It was almost as if we were introduced to blogging! I realize this was her job, she was writing for an actual publication. But looking back -- this show originally aired in the mid 90's -- perhaps this was many people's first exposure to what has become so popular for all of us bloggers???

Now the movie, and I simply cannot wait! It comes out this month. I truly wish I had a group of gal-pal to go watch this with, but hey, it's something I know I will enjoy, and who cares if I'm there solo, right??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

NICE Blog :)

Stephanie said...

thanks!