My dear husband laughs all the time. He laughs at jokes, at other's blunders, at the dogs, at things we cannot believe. Often it's his laughter that wakes me up in the morning, and sometimes it wakes me up from sleeping at night. (Seinfeld comes on at 12:30 AM and if he's not asleep, he's watching Jerry, Elaine, George and Kramer.)
I'm simply just not as amused at life as he is. I'm just not as happy of a person, I guess. He LOVES to make people laugh, so it's disappointing to him that I do not laugh at his little one liners more often. He's not one to repeat jokes, but he's always looking for that quick little laugh. I think a portion of our cable bill is worth the 4-6 PM TBS showing of Seinfeld, Everybody Loves Raymond, Friends, etc. Those little 30 minute shows do wonders for a crappy day at work.
Laughter is going to be at the bottom of my '08 resolutions -- it's never to late to add resolutions if the year isn't up right? It's going to be at the top of '09. It really does make you feel better. I've just missed Jerry tonight, hopefully he's found another 30 minute sitcom for our bedtime story tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment