for nothing....
Yep, it's that time. The hurricane is coming, the hurricane is comming... We have been a little distracted by life the past couple of days, so we hadn't read the paper or listened to the news. (It seems life is more pleasant without those distractions!) Yesterday we were driving back from Victoria, and I noticed the signs all flashed "It's hurricane season. Keep your gas tanks full." I thought, how weird, it's not like there's a storm headed this way. The gas companies must be trying to bump up the profits they are missing out on -- supposively people are driving less.
We got home, and put in a movie. It was not something that kept my interest, plus I was feeling a little sleep deprived, so I fell asleep. When I woke up, HE was asleep. So, I stopped the movie, and as I flipped through the line up -- there it was, "Tropical Storm heading to the Texas/Louisiana coast." I was a little surprised, I expected the formation to be far out. Then I saw the map, I was really surprised to see how close the storm already was. (Good news of course!)
Some businesses are closed, so of course that affected our plans of work tomorrow. We worked through the day and then I made dinner. HE insisted on preparing things. Of course, I refused to help this time. Last time it took me days to get ready and WEEKS to unpack. Honestly, there's a box of pictures I put up when we were preparing for hurricane Rita. I have never even taken them back out, sad, I know. So this time, I've backed up my computer, and I'm ready to watch the rain, and a little bit of wind. HE has completely taken loose object out of our yard or tied it down. For example, the garbage can (is too "dirty" to go into the garage) so it is strapped down to the fence. Yes, I told HIM that this was all due to his OCD. But, we're prepared....
2 comments:
Glad you're ready, and I do hope you're just ready for a bunch of rain and nothing else.
It rained a lot. I thought of you -- out in the dessert -- as I went to get the mail in the rain!
Post a Comment