
This is the practice cake for the birthday party this weekend. Dylan turns 5 on Saturday. He'd been asking for a Lightning McQueen cake for over a month. I really did not think I could pull it off. I had talked him into a race track with Lightning and some of the other race cars. Believe me, the little runt let me know which cars did not belong on the race track. (In other words, no Doc on the race track!)
Anyway,
very long story short, I went out and found a cake pan last night. I avoided work today and produced the cake. It took me over 2 hours to decorate it; yes, I'm very slow. Now, I'm off to see if it "meets approval" before I make one for the party.
Who knew I could do this?
2 comments:
Will the practice cake still taste good? Why make a second one?
The practice cake did not have pretty colors. I used a mixture of old icing and, dare I admit, icing from a little can. I did make another one...yes, another 3 hours spent decorating a cake. A cake that I didn't even taste...but that's another story. HE helped, HE's actually a better cake decorator than I am! :)
Post a Comment