We miss you guys so much...

We miss you guys so much...
Puppy Pals -- just hanging out together!

Monday, July 28, 2008

No news....

Well, it has been an unbelievably "homey" couple of weeks. My car acted funky, then got worse. So, I took it to the shop. It's like a little flash -- happens as quick as you blink your eyes. The radio skips out, the dash lights flicker one time, and then you look down, and have to touch the accelerator to see that nope, you've got NO power. It really sucks. It did this to me on the freeway, in traffic one day. Needless to say, I freaked out. But the mechanic couldn't figure out anything. So, when it happened and we were BOTH in the car, it was like I didn't make it up. We drove about 8 miles in it, and as we were going down the road, it just quit. It happened three times within about 5 miles. The car won't re-start immediately, so you're sort of stuck either on the side of the road or in the nearest parking lot if you're lucky. Really, it's the weirdest thing. They haven't been able to duplicate the problem -- the mechanic has had it for a week. Guess what -- it's running fine for them. GO FIGURE!

My theory is that it has something to do with the ignition key. Of course, they do not believe in any way this is the problem. BUT, my keys are gold plated, I know, it sounds so getto, but that's how we distinguish between HIS and HERS. His keys, the one the mechanic has are the normal looking key. I forgot to drop off the gold keys, and they do not feel this would affect the problem. Hopefully, I'll make it by there in the ol' tank tomorrow morning so they can give them a try.

I feel as if I have been trapped in my own house to work, to clean, and to wait on the darn car to be repaired for weeks now. I leave for a little road trip Wednesday, looks like a rental is in my near future.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I hate car trouble more than anything -- it just seems to mess up so many things (like your trip). I hope they figure out the problem soon!

Stephanie said...

Rental is booked. Mechanic has been using it to get parts, lunch, etc. He even had it inspected for me. But, it's just going and going for him. Dropped off the other keys today, so, hopefully it'll make some progress while I'm away.