We miss you guys so much...

We miss you guys so much...
Puppy Pals -- just hanging out together!

Friday, July 11, 2008

Purpose

I've been struggling as to what to put on my blog. You know, it's public, and anyone could stumble upon this, so I do have to have some caution in what I put out there. My life is really very simple. Pretty much, it's work, feed the dogs, cook, clean, do housework/yardwork, work, groceries (ie buy dog food - we go through a LOT with 4 dogs), work, attend family functions, etc. If I'm lucky, we get an invitation to hang out with friends, or people that I do not feel obligated to see. (I love my family, I'm glad to hang out with them, why do we live so far apart???) So what do I write about in my blog??? It just doesn't seem like my boring existance is worth posting about.

Now, I do look at my blog -- is that weird? It's not like I'm here to read what I wrote...but, once I added the music feature, if I don't like what's on the radio, I listen to a couple of songs. (We've got a Sirius account. I'm not sure I think satellite radio is worth the $.) The first thing that pops up is a picture of the great pups and those few opening lines...I'm the ordinary 30-something. Married, childless, wondering what I have to offer life. Blogging because it seems like the thing to do; a way to stay connected with people I miss; and a way to express myself....which has been encouraging me to do a little more soul searching. I keep telling myself there's more to life than what I'm doing, now how do find that????

Today, I did a search on "how to get to know myself better". First of all, I was really disappointed with the search results. It took a little clicking to find something, anything with some substance.

Somehow, I managed to find a website that offered a "quiz". Yes, this seemed very childish, or teen-ish, but this is what my "quiz" told me...

Your view on yourself: You are down-to-earth and people like you because you are so straightforward. You are an efficient problem solver because you will listen to both sides of an argument before making a decision that usually appeals to both parties. A little generic, but I guess it applies to me.

The type of girlfriend/boyfriend you are looking for: You are a true romantic. When you are in love, you will do anything and everything to keep your love true. This brings an entire blog of another day, that I'm just not sure this is the place to even think on the topic, besides, I'm already married...

Your readiness to commit to a relationship: You are ready to commit as soon as you meet the right person. And you believe you will pretty much know as soon as you might that person. Again, too late...but nice try...oh, and it took 14 years to get married.

The seriousness of your love: Your have very sensible tactics when approaching the opposite sex. In many ways people find your straightforwardness attractive, so you will find yourself with plenty of dates. WHATEVER

Your views on education: Education is less important than the real world out there, away from the classroom. Deep inside you want to start working, earning money and living on your own. This is no longer a choice for me. However, I do appreciate real world education goes a long, long way.

The right job for you: You have plenty of dream jobs but have little chance of doing any of them if you don't focus on something in particular. You need to choose something and go for it to be happy and achieve success. BINGO! This could have been the best few words in this hoakie "quiz".

How do you view success: You are afraid of failure and scared to have a go at the career you would like to have in case you don't succeed. Don't give up when you haven't yet even started! Be courageous. BINGO, again! For me, this goes way beyond career -- let's talke LIFE.

What are you most afraid of: You are concerned about your image and the way others see you. This means that you try very hard to be accepted by other people. It's time for you to believe in who you are, not what you wear. This was a total yes and no. I am beginning the phase of my life to let go of acceptance by other people. What does it matter? I probably don't accept something they do in their life.


Who is your true self: You are mature, reasonable, honest and give good advice. People ask for your comments on all sorts of different issues. Sometimes you might find yourself in a dilemma when trapped with a problem, which your heart rather than your head needs to solve. This has happened a lot recently. My head and my heart have been struggling a lot lately. Those old "PROs vs CONs" list have been used for so many things recently!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Ugh. This is a tough game to figure out. I, too, am married, childless and no animals at all -- really -- what's my purpose either??

It's a valuable thought process, just don't plan on a google quiz solving it for you.