We miss you guys so much...

We miss you guys so much...
Puppy Pals -- just hanging out together!

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

7 AM

Ok, so I don't have to get up early. I've had yet ANOTHER head cold/sinus infection. It's been approximately 4 weeks since the last one. I'm not convinced the last one ever left, but it's partying in my head right now. Night time and mornings are the worst. I went to bed around 2 AM last night. At 7 AM I woke up to the sound of our house falling in.

Ok, so it wasn't our house, it was the house next door, but it sounded like it could have been our house. The walls were trembling, they have been most of the day. I couldn't believe the dogs weren't barking!! I looked over to see Missy a little scared, I offered her to go out and she went. I had to go look for the beagle. She was looking out the front window, I think all she could see was the big machinery. I think she must have been thinking, "I don't think I can take that thing on, so I won't alert the humans of it. One wrong move, and I think it could crush us all." Missy went out, only long enough to do what she had to. Rita, the beagle, went out, heard the crashing brick and glass breaking, turned around and had a look, of fear. She's usually a little terror, and I think this machine eating the house next door was finally her match.

The house was a pile of wood within 45 minutes. The oversized 3 car garage with a huge attic, it was a pile of wood by 7:58 AM. Yep, a lifetime of memories in that house, all just a pile of rubble within an hour. It was a sad morning. We know the guy who used to own the house, he would have never wanted that to happen. So, when I went out at 7 AM with Rita, it was a gloomy morning. There was a gray sky and a gentle mist. (Of course these were due to hurricane Dolly down south.) But, it was a sad moment that tugged at my heart a little. Just reminded me that it's just stuff, it's just a structure, people are what gives the rubble life.

3 comments:

Heather said...

"...people are what gives the rubble life. "

Well said.

Larissa said...

Hi! Thanks for your comment on my blog about my basset... looks like you have some sweeties too :) I hope you don't mind if I add you to my favorite blog neighbors so that I can pop in to say hi from time to time!

Stephanie said...

A new blog buddy -- yeah!!