We miss you guys so much...

We miss you guys so much...
Puppy Pals -- just hanging out together!

Monday, July 14, 2008

Updates

Ok, seems like I should recount what's been going on -- or lack of progress I should say....

Most importantly is Missy. Her bandage came off last weekend, and this past weekend, her stitches came out. The first couple of days after her bandage came off, her ear seemed very "loose". It just didn't have the same cute little shape it did before the the hematoma. Of course, we did consider puppy plastic surgery -- something we'd consider for our animals, but probably not for ourselves! Thankfully for her (and our checkbook) plastic surgery will not be needed. As her ear has gotten better, the cute little shape has returned.

Here's a picture of Missy's "cone ear" from surgery...



Then, of course, there's the house next door. The one bound for destruction, any day now, I guess??? Plus it had the exciting tree explosion that happened when lightening hit it a few weeks ago.

They were very prompt in removing the tree and the drebis from it. They didn't remove the stump. Here's a picture of the tree stump. It's huge, I still cannot believe how big the tree was, or how close the lightening was!


The orange fence has been up around since the day of the storm. I really thought that since the fence was up, the house would be coming down. WRONG. We're still looking at the orange fence. But, it's really no big deal. I guess the house coming down next door would be exciting, so we're just a little anxious to see it come down.

This is a picture from the front of the house. It's a decent house on the outside. It's actually brick on all 4 sides. I wish our house would have brick all the way around...then we wouldn't be in need of replacing some rotten wood.


This is a picture of the garage. It has a HUGE garage with an attached car port. Really one of the best features of the house according to HIM. But, if I had to guess, it's coming down, too.


These are the lingering things I hadn't followed up on. So, that's what's new. We've been busy. This has been the year of repair..we had been hoping it would be the year of progress, but as we're half way through July, I'm realizing, we're doing good keeping up with things that have broken this year. Somethings have actually broken multiple times...fun!

On a happy note, here's a picture of Rita. She's just loves to have her picture taken. Well, she takes good pictures, I don't know that she likes it, but I like taking them!

No comments: