We miss you guys so much...

We miss you guys so much...
Puppy Pals -- just hanging out together!

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Here today, gone tomorrow....

Can you believe it takes over 3 hours for my slow little hands to decorate a cake? Would you believe that someone put "handi-wrap" right over it to cover it up? I couldn't believe it. I didn't actually attend the birthday party, so when I looked at the picture on the camera, I asked why it looked so funny. Oh, well, of course, that's the plastic wrap on the cake. What else could it be???



At least there was no real damage. Here's what it looked like after the plastic wrap was removed.



The practice cake was made with two types of icing -- old stuff out of the freezer, and new stuff, out of, umm, a little plastic container. The colors looked much better in the picture than on the real cake. Since I knew one cake would probably not be enough for all of the people, I knew cupcakes or another small cake would be needed. We did 2 McQueen cakes. We were going to make a Sally, but McQueen just didn't look good enough to only have the practice one. Just in case you're wondering, I am not sure if either cake tasted good.



My dad had a wreck yesterday in his truck. Today we found out it would be a total loss. He's ok, and that's all that matters to me.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Glad to hear the cake worked out. Much happiness to hear that your dad is okay, but sorry to hear that the truck will have to be replaced. Hope it's straightforward working that out!