We miss you guys so much...

We miss you guys so much...
Puppy Pals -- just hanging out together!

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ike Status Report

I'm exhausted and we've got to start early tomorrow. Thanks for all the offers of a place to stay -- it's nice to know we're loved! :) By the way, anyone hanging out in here and looking for company, we'll be home! Last time (Rita) we had Noah's Ark going at our house, but looks like it'll just be us. So, come on by!

Daniel & his dad got the generator hooked up to the house today. I'm not exactly sure how it is supposed to work -- not sure that Daniel is either -- but hopefully, if/when we loose power, we just flip a switch and the house gets powered by the generator. Or, of course, the house blows up, electrically speaking that is ;)

Dad had a very successful evening. He got their house boarded up, just in case. Of course, when I was there tonight, I said, "Dad, you can't leave all of this, ummm, stuff, out in your yard. It will fly around and crash into things." His reply was, "Well, that's why I boarded up the windows!" Of course he was kidding, I think, but they have lots of plants and little things to finish up tomorrow morning. Well, he does, because mom has these crazy little old ladies that need their hair done before they get blown away by Ike. Go figure! Anyway, kudos to my pop -- he worked from 5 AM - 2 PM and immediately went outside and started working on the house!

We have our emergency stuff to pack up. I had been in denial, and in our house, one box of the important papers turns into a "truckload" of things we just could not live with out. Plus, we have to empty the shed to dig out the boards. We also have our "missiles" outside that must be put away. But, I'm confident we can handle it. Most of our customers are closed tomorrow, and while it made today difficult, tomorrow our work load should be a little lighter.

We have had no local TV since last night, which I think is absurd! I mean, I didn't even get to listen to "The View" today! :) Tonight, I tried to listen for the 10 PM update, but they had some news conference and I never heard a forecast. Someone referred me to the National Hurricane Center and suggested that we look there for more accurate hurricane info. There's also another site -- that shows the wind speeds we can expect in our zip codes.

Well, I've bored you all enough with our trials and tribulations. Of course, with Daniel, everything has been much funnier than my email has indicated.

If you don't hear froms us, know that we're safe and will be "bunkered" in by tomorrow afternoon/evening.

Take care everyone!

1 comment:

Heather said...

So glad you still have an internet connection, so we can get our update! Be safe today!