I've been a fairly responsible individual my life. I didn't cause my parents as much trouble as I could have growing up. Fortunately, they created me to be pretty self-sufficient. Throughout college, I had responsible friends. No one partied too hard, or had weekends they couldn't remember. We have all grown up, held down jobs, and everyone has done really well. (I'm probably the biggest slacker I know!)
What I wonder, is have we been "too responsible"? Will there come a time, when all of the sudden, we are tired of doing the right thing? I can just see myself, or anyone, saying, "You know, I'm just tired of putting myself last." There's no doubt it's not always the most fun thing to be "responsible". It's not even the easiest thing to do. I'm certain that most of the people I know do not live in the moment, they plan, they work their plan, and try to reward themselves a little here and there. Are we going to get tired of this? Any idea when???
2 comments:
I got tired of being the good girl. It wasn't so much that I stopped planning, but I became much more open to taking advantage of experiences that just came up along the way. Who knows -- I may even get a tatoo soon! Wild and crazy, I tell you!
Tatoo -- I've had lots of thoughts of one. You'll have to let me know how that goes.
Post a Comment