Well, first of all, it was the first time WE voted together, at the same time. We left a little later than expected, and traffic was much worse than expected, but we got there! In our area, if you early vote, you can go to any polling place that is open. I thought that was kind of neat. In our precint, they keep moving the polling place. Each election, I have to go on a hunt to find the right place. One year, I couldn't find it in time so I didn't vote. Early voting was for me -- the procrastinator!
There was voting map on line showed the places you could vote. It even indicated on average per hour how many people voted at each location in the last election. So, we looked for the closest place with the least amount of people voting and hoped for the shortest line. The procrastinator I am, we arrived at 6:51 PM, nine minutes before closing. We weren't the last people in the door, and the line was long. I was quite pleasantly surprised at the turnout for early voting.
By 7:40 we had each voted and were walking out of the polling place. It was a good voting experience. They were well staffed, maybe even a little over staffed. The staff was super nice, even though we were some of the last folks in to vote. Hopefully more people get educated and go vote! Today's the last day for early voting here, so get moving people!
No comments:
Post a Comment