We miss you guys so much...

We miss you guys so much...
Puppy Pals -- just hanging out together!

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Gardening...or something like it???

So, I fell victim to an info-mercial a few months ago. No, I'm not proud of the fact that I ordered this gadget. I'm sure there are worse things I could have wasted my money on, but this is what I chose!

Basically, it's a hanging planter. I ordered one, even got my parents one. We would grow our own vegetables without having to do all that ground work. Well, actually, it wasn't the ground work that bothered me...it was more like I didn't want the dogs "fertilizing" my efforts.

I believe I ordered these gimmicks back in February. Of course, I immediately rushed out to purchase plants to put in there. I opted for plants that had already sprouted, that's what we got. I've watched as these plants grow and grow. We've harvested one, yes that's 1, tomato so far.

Why it split open at the top, well, who knows. I'm newer than a "novice" gardner -- whatever that would be! I'm certain that at this point, I would not recommend this device to grow producing plants. Who knows, perhaps, this is all a test of my patience??? Luck for me, my mom knows several white-topped ladies who use these to grow bundles of them, or maybe it's bushels of them????



In all honesty, I cut it open yesterday. It even had a beautiful red color on the inside and it was delicious! There is undoubtedly a reason people grow their own gardens -- the taste of fresh produce is second to none! I'm optimistic that I'll get a couple of more -- I mean there's probably a few months to produce on these plants, right? Economically, this may not have been a wise buy, and for all I spent to grow one tomato, ouch! So, here's hoping to more tastiness in the near future!

2 comments:

Liz said...

That is a lot for just one tomato. Also, your yellow dog? Looks EXACTLY like my dog from the back, which isn't saying much but I swear I thought you stole my dog for second.

Stephanie said...

Yep...hopefully we'll get a couple of more before the summer is up!

The blonde there is Daisy. She's been around for 10 years now. Best dog in the WORLD! :) Didn't steal her, I promise!