We miss you guys so much...

We miss you guys so much...
Puppy Pals -- just hanging out together!

Friday, June 27, 2008

Missy

Missy is the red pup pictured at the top of the page. Today she was getting her head petted, and HE noticed her ear was lumpy. She went to the vet this afternoon and will return in the AM for surgery. I was surprised the vet would require anesthesia for a hematoma. Buster, HIS old basset hound had several hematomas, but never was it considered surgery. HE is taking her to the vet. At some point, HE decided that he was more competent to do the vet trips. (Thank goodness we do not have a child --- I don't know if I'd be competent to take a child to the doctor if I cannot take a dog to the vet.)

Missy's surgery is at 7:30 AM. Our vet is quite used to the way we operate. HE will be watching the surgery and staying with Missy until she is released to go home. When Missy was fixed, she did not react well to the medicine. We are all hoping she does not have such a bad reaction. She has gained some weight -- can you believe she's at 70 pounds??? I don't think her workout regimen is working.

I still can't believe her little short ears got a hematoma. Hopefully she will be home before I leave for breakfast with the "girls".

2 comments:

Heather said...

Poor Missy -- hope it all goes swimmingly!

Stephanie said...

Her ear is not hanging the same as the other one now. :( Not sure if puppy plastic surgery is in her future!