Yesterday, they had several trees cut down. I understand his plan is to tear down the house, put up a fence, and then add some office space/storage space on the lot. This morning, I heard some banging coming from the area. (We have a wooden fence, so without going outside, I do not know what goes on over there.) Later in the morning, I looked out and could see a couple of workers hammering metal poles into the ground. We figured that they were putting up a temporary fence around the trees that were saved before demolition begins on the house and garage that are there.
The last few days the weather has been "Texas-typical". Hot, hot, hot...afternoon/evening rain with thunderstorms...hot, hot, hot. Today's thunderstorms were quite a show to watch! Now, I have mentioned these guys working next door. They would stand on a metal ladder, and swing a sledge hammer to beat the metal pole into the ground. (See photo above.) Due to the storm, we know those guys should not have been out there. But they were, and we were just hoping not to see them roast! We had just finished up lunch and we saw a bolt of lightening flash following a loud CRASH! The next thing I saw was a bit of black smoke puff from just behind our garage. Exciting, to say the least!
Let me add here that we are somewhat intelligent beings, AND not your typical rednecks...but the loud noise was too exciting to resist! We ran outside to see what had happened.
The tree next door must have been struck by lightening! The tree came down and made a lot of noise and a big mess! The tree shattered -- I've never seen a tree fall apart like that from a bolt of lightening. The tree of course threw off little pieces, you can see in the last picture how far back we had little pieces in our yard.
Hopefully, this is as close as lightening will strike to us---or our house!
1 comment:
Wow! That's some seriously close electricity. Here's hoping things don't stay that "exciting".
Oh, and welcome to Blogger-land. :)
Post a Comment